Our Ethos and Values
The Staff and Governors of Northwood School are committed to providing the very best education for our pupils: providing our children with skills and attitudes that will form the foundations for a love of learning and an understanding of their important role in society; where everyone is valued for their unique contribution and developed to reach their full potential. We want our pupils to be safe and secure, and happy and successful in all that they do and to be fully included in the life of the school.
• To make learning fun and so help pupils develop lively, enquiring minds and independent learning and thinking skills,
• To help children achieve their very best and reach their full potential,
• To help pupils acquire knowledge and skills that will equip them for life in the 21st century,
• To help pupils care for each other and develop a respect for and tolerance of others regardless of ethnicity, gender or religion,
• To help pupils develop a sense of wonder and understanding and empathy with the world in which they live, work and play,
• To lay the foundations for developing good citizens of the future,
• To celebrate achievement and success,
• To promote self-esteem and help pupils recognise their own worth,
• To create an inclusive school where everyone feels valued and encouraged to succeed,
• To make each day make a difference to all our futures.